Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Destiny 2 - Transcript of a Farsighted Conversation

Foreword: This was written during Destiny 2's Season of the Lost, started in Week 1, finished in Week 3.

~*~

TYPE: Transcription

DESCRIPTION: Conversation on a ridge top in the Reef

PARTIES: Two [2]. One [1] Awoken-type, designate Jolyon Till (JT); One [1] Guardian-type, designate Wahei Ohr [WO] (POI #0247)

ASSOCIATIONS: Ahamkara; Ascendant Plane; Awoken; Black Fleet; Corsair; Crow; Darkness; Hive; Ohr, Wahei (POI #0247); Ley Lines; Reef; Riven; Salvation, Shadows of; Savathûn; Scorn; Sov, Queen Mara; Taken; Techeun; Till, Jolyon (AKA The Rachis); Venj, Petra; Xivu Arath; Zela Tatu

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //

// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //

 

[sound of light wind, faint clicking of a scope's lenses]

[sound of wind continues, faint static as of paracausal radiation]

[JT] Might want to crouch down, or you'll stand out even more.

[sound of rustling, as of someone adjusting their position]

[JT] Better. How'd you find me?

[WO] I have my methods.

[JT] I'd like to know. If you could find me, so could something else.

[WO] I never tell secrets. And I'd be surprised if anything could find you. It took me some doing.

[pause]

[WO] If it helps, there's a tincture of some Reef herbs that might mask your signature better.

[JT] Thank you.

[WO] Don't mention it. There's forces at play right now that might try their luck at finding you.

[JT] The Hive and Taken always try to find me. They've yet to do it.

[WO] What about the Scorn?

[JT] Please. They might as well be brain-dead. They're nowhere near as good at tracking prey as the others.

[pause]

[WO] Wind, 20 kph at seven.

[JT] Adjusting.

[WO] 5200 meters out.

[JT] Sighted.

[WO] Send it.

[sound of a slow exhalation, then a loud report of a Supremacy rifle]

[WO] That's a bingo.

[sound of rifle reloading]

[WO] The Queen is harboring a fugitive right now. One that the Wrath-Bringer wants to find.

[JT] I've heard.

[WO] Then you should know that she's set a hunter after her.

[pause]

[JT] I'm listening.

[WO] Savathûn's Huntmaster is at large. When the rest of the Hive turned on her and her brood, he forsook his oaths and swore allegiance to Xivu Arath instead. First thing she did was set him to hunt down his former queen.

[JT] You're talking about Zela Tatu.

[WO] You know about him?

[JT] He's been a thorn in my side for a long while. He's killed quite a few Reefborn-- Corsairs, Crows, and even a Techeun.

[WO] I'm sorry. I didn't think--

[JT] Why would you? You Guardians don't tend to put a lot of thought into what comes after. You see an enemy, you go and you kill it. Don't stop to think about the aftermath. Bunch of you came in and put down the Ahamkara, and now look what happened. Trouble follows.

[WO] That's unfair. I had nothing to do with the operation against Riven. I even cautioned against making a move so quickly against an Ahamkara as powerful as that. I was overruled. And I've done what I can to try to unravel the curse, but unmaking a dragon-wish is nearly impossible.

[JT] [grunts] That's fair.

[WO] Besides, the last thing I'd want to do is figure out unmaking a dragon-wish, but not work out the fine details before using it, and accidentally unmaking the Dreaming City.

[JT] [pauses] Okay. You get a pass.

[sound of light wind continues, more scope lens clicking]

[WO] You know about Zela Tatu, then. He's probably already out there. Spread the word. He's dangerous.

[JT] Will do.

[WO] Also. I'm not sure if they'll make any moves here, but it's probably likely they will. There's a group of rogue Lightbearers which have stepped up their activity. Call themselves the 'Shadows of Salvation.'

[JT] Name sounds familiar.

[WO] They've been collecting materiel and power left and right. Wouldn't put it past them to try something in the Reef, to destabilize it further, maybe. Be careful, they all have Thorns and no compunctions against killing anyone with them or worse.

[JT] I'll keep an eye out for them.

[WO] Like I said, they may not turn up here in the Reef, but they're looking to construct some kind of paracausal weapon, and with all the activity around the Ley Lines and the Ascendant Plane, they might try to siphon some of the energies here.

[JT] Noted. You've told Venj?

[WO] Both her and the Queen. Her Grace doesn't seem concerned about them, but I don't like rogue variables when I'm running my own calculations.

[JT] Send along some intel on these Shadows, then. If I spot them, I'll pass the word along.

[WO] Be careful, try not to take them on alone. One of them is fond of long-range combat, too.

[JT] I look forward to the challenge, then.

[WO] I'm sure you do, but you shouldn't.

[sound of waxen clattering]

[WO] I have to go. Energies are aligning.

[JT] Best of luck in the Ley Lines, Ohr.

[WO] Good hunting, Till.

[faint static as of paracausal radiation, which increases briefly before fading completely]

No comments:

Post a Comment