Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Destiny 2 - Transcript of an Imprisoned Conversation

Preface: This is written during Week 1 of Destiny 2's Season of the Lost, which at the time of this posting, is still ongoing. SPOILERS BELOW THE BREAK. Even the heading of the "transcript" has spoilers. You have been warned.

TYPE: Transcription

DESCRIPTION: Conversation with a prisoner

PARTIES: Two [2]. One [1] Hive-type, designate Savathûn [SV] (VIP #2022); One [1] Guardian-type, designate Wahei Ohr [WO] (POI #0247)

ASSOCIATIONS: Awoken; Black Fleet; Crota; Hiraks (AKA The Mindbender); Hive; Ir Anânh; Mars; Nokris; Ohr, Wahei; Oryx; Paris; Reef; Savathûn; Sov, Mara; Xivu Arath; Zela Tatu

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //

// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //

// [TRANSCRIBER'S NOTES: The audio had constant, if faint, buzzing as with other instances of paracausal energies being in play. Origin of the audio distortion is unclear, presumed to be related to the crystal prison or some manner of Awoken magic. -MIL-921] //

[sound of distant conversation and activity, subtly distorted by audio buzz]

[SV] I know you're there.

[silence]

[SV] You are very good at hiding. But I've been doing it since before your sun's nebula was a twinkle in your galaxy's eye.

[pause]

[WO] You can't see me, can you?

[SV] No. And it was giving me a headache.

[WO] [pause] Well, I can sleep tonight feeling accomplished in one thing, then.

[audio buzz briefly gets stronger, then returns to previous levels]

[SV] There we are. Now I can see you. [pause] Ah. The Seeker of Insight.

[WO] Ah. The Lie-Weaver.

[SV] Flatterer. To what do I owe the pleasure, Wahei Ohr?

[WO] When I'd heard you'd been imprisoned by Queen Mara, I had to see it with my own eyes. Though to call this a prison is somewhat disingenuous.

[SV] Not all prisons need be a durance vile. Even prison can be a paradise, when what awaits outside promises hell.

[WO] Indeed. Your sister and her forces prowl at our borders.

[SV] My sister is the least of your worries.

[WO] Of course. The Wrath-Bringer is just the current problem, but that doesn't mean I'm ignoring the knives arrayed against us.

[SV] Ah. I knew you would be an interesting one. You have more insight than most of your kind.

[WO] That's unfair. I know for a fact there are other Guardians looking ahead to that battle. They are simply constrained by duty and must focus on the immediate threat.

[SV] Hm. A tragic truth of those in positions of power. Our wants and desires come secondary to our obligations and duties.

[WO] Let me stop you there. You're about to try to claim that you've always wanted to sever yourself from a greedy, bloated parasite, but your role as a sovereign of your race prevented it.

[SV] And you believe this is not so?

[WO] I believe the sharpest weapon in your arsenal-- or at least the sharpest one you can employ, here and now-- is your tongue.

[SV] Since I allowed Mara Sov to imprison me here, I have not spoken a lie to you or anyone.

[WO] Ah, there we are. Your fabled way with words.

[SV] Hm?

[WO] You "have not spoken a lie" since your imprisonment. But there's a lot that goes unsaid when dealing with you. And a lie by omission is still a lie.

[SV] And what have I left unsaid?

[WO] I'm not denying that you've wanted to sever your ties to your worm gods for a long time. But "a long time" is not the same as "always."

[SV] It was not very long after making my worm-pact.

[WO] Hm. "Not very long" means something different when speaking on cosmic timescales.

[SV] [chuckles] Clever girl. I can see I'm going to like talking with you.

[WO] Enjoy it while it lasts. You know what awaits you once the Queen and the Techeuns fulfill their end of the bargain.

[SV] Oh, believe me. I know perfectly well what awaits me, O Kingslayer mine.

[WO] No. No, I don't think you do. Admittedly, compared to your lifetime, my paltry brace of centuries is barely the blink of an eye, but when you experience mortality after so long... it affects you.

[SV] Yes... yes, it does. I saw how it affected YOU, in the catacombs beneath Old Paris.

[pause]

[SV] I was impressed. Truly. For a being bereft of her paracausality, you managed to survive against a Deathsinger.

[pause]

[SV] Of course, the things you had to do, TO survive...

[WO] I know what you're going to say next. "We're not so different, you and I..."

[SV] And are we not?

[WO] I haven't slaughtered countless worlds and untold races.

[SV] No? How many Fallen Houses did you participate in the eradication of? You helped decimate, more than three times over, the Brood of Crota, and then of Oryx. You went to war with and stomped out my nephew's brood on the red planet. And you, personally, slaughtered the first of a new brood, that of Ir Anânh and her consort. Hunted down every last one and executed them.

[pause]

[SV] So tell me, O genocider mine. Are we not so different, you and I?

[pause]

[WO] When we cut your worm out of you, I will be there. There to watch as the Witch-Queen, Savathûn, loses her paracausality-- no, not Savathûn. I'll be there to look into the eyes of Sathona, a krill terrified of death, as death finally comes to claim her.

[pause]

[WO] Then maybe I'll skin your worm and wear its flesh as a new set of robes. Fashion your skull into a new gun. Hang it beside the rifle I made out of your brother's heart.

[pause]

[WO] Yes. I think that's a fitting end for you. Consider it the Traveler passing judgment on you through me as a proxy.

[audio buzz briefly gets stronger, then returns to previous levels]

[SV] [laughter]

[laughter persists for several minutes]

No comments:

Post a Comment