Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Monday, June 14, 2021

Destiny - Transcript of a Burglarized Conversation

Preface: The story from Shadows of Salvation continues. This is taking place during Destiny 2's Season of the Splicer, when Eliksni from the House of Light were allowed refuge in a disused part of the City. The character Niik listed below is mentioned in the lore tab of one of the season's Sparrow vehicles, the Riis Racer.

TYPE: Transcription
DESCRIPTION: Conversation about a recent theft
PARTIES: Four [4]. One [1] Guardian-type, Class Warlock, designate Aunor Mahal [AM]; One [1] Guardian-type, Class Hunter, designate Ana Bray [AB]; One [1] Human-type, designate Amanda Holliday [AH]; One [1] Eliksni-type, designate Niik [NK]

ASSOCIATIONS: Black Fleet; Bog, Dredgen [AKA Kashaf, Afa]; Bray, Ana; Bray, Clovis I; Clovis Bray; Deep Stone Crypt; Endless Night; Eliksni [AKA Fallen]; Europa; Exo; Lakshmi-2; Light, House of; Mithrax [AKA Misraaks]; Osiris; Rasputin; Salvation, Shadows of; Vergift, Dredgen [AKA Magda-9]; Warmind

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //
// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //
 
[AM] And you're certain you didn't leave the locker un--

[AB] Of course I didn't! I'm not an idiot, Mahal.

[AM] I apologize, Ana. You know I have to ask the question.

[AB] [sigh] I know. I'm just seriously pissed off and I want to shoot something. I'm twitchy right now.

[AH] We all are, hun. This Endless Night ain't doing anyone any favors in that department.

[AB] It's not just that. Young Wolf went to a lot of trouble helping me get some of those components off Mars. They can't be replaced.

[AH] Really? I'd've thought you could replicate some of them, now we've got the Crypt open--

[AB] That would mean having to deal with my grandfather. He's...

[pause]

[AH] Ah. Okay. Say no more. Every family's got one.

[AB] Yeah. [sighs] I knew I shouldn't have let Osiris talk me into letting them out of my sight. But he made a convincing argument about letting Shaxx and Saint examine some of them, to improve the Redjacks. I've been staying up here to keep tabs. Then Zavala pulls me in to get my opinion on everything going on with Europa, and when I get back, they're gone.

[AM] About these components, Ana. You said these were specific for Exo construction?

[AB] Not just for Exo construction, these were bespoke components that Red designed to house aspects of his network.

[AH] What kinda aspects? You mean like he would possess Exos?

[AB] Red was kinda cagey about the specifics, but ... I think so. He said something about "golems." When the Black Fleet started turning up in the outskirts of the system, he started production on those components, but couldn't devote too much of his resources to it. He had to commit most of those to dealing with the Almighty.

[AM] Did you manage to get schematics on them?

[AB] Yes, but I can't just spend some glimmer to construct these things. There was some exotic material involved in a lot of it. Rasputin designed these things in a particular way. [pause] I should have enough components left to finish, but if something goes wrong, I won't have enough to repair to try again.

[AM] I understand. It might be best to have Shaxx and Saint and whomever's working on the Redjack upkeep to just visit your workshop rather than send it up here.

[AB] Way ahead of you on that.

[AM] Now, and understand I'm not making any accusations, but were there any Eliksni in the area when--

[AH] Hey now!

[AM] I have to ask the question, Amanda. If only to eliminate them from suspicion.

[AB] There's been a few peeking in, but they usually run away if they think I'm looking at them.

[AH] Hold on, let me grab Niik. She and I got an understanding.

[sound of footsteps receding]

[AB] You don't really think that the Fallen--

[AM] Eliksni. And I hope not. The last thing I want to do is give any weight to Lakshmi's rhetoric.

[AB] Yeah. You're right. I mean, it's taken a bit of getting used to, seeing a bunch of Fal-- Eliksni in and around the Tower. Most of them stayed away from the Hangar when I was here.

[AM] You did kind of leave an impression on their kind at Six Fronts.

[AB] And parts of the landscape.

[sound of footsteps approaching]

[AH] --it's all right, Niik, you're not in any trouble.

[NK] What is--? [pause] [Eliksni: I have a bad feeling about this.]

[AH] Easy, Niik, easy. They just wanna ask you some questions.

[NK] ...yes?

[AM] As Amanda says, you're not in any trouble. We just want to know if you or any of your people saw anyone going into the Redjack repair bay in the Hangar within the last few hours.

[NK] No. Eliksni stay away from Redjacks. [whispers] The Saint watches us. None want the Saint angry with us.

[AH] I can vouch for Niik. She and I raced one another the other day. Since then, she and the Eliksni workin' over with me have been keepin' on task.

[NK] Want to help. All Eliksni of House Light want to help. We know we are watched.

[AB] All right. If Amanda vouches for her, I'll believe her.

[AM] Thank you... Niik, was it?

[NK] Niik. Yes.

[AM] Thank you for your help.

[NK] Did see someone by Redjacks.

[AB] What?

[NK] Human. Male. With-- [pause]

[AB] Beard?

[NK] Yes. [pause] No?

[AB] Stubble. Like bristles?

[NK] Yes. Dark hair.

[pause]

[AM] Did he have a scar? Just here, going back over the head?

[NK] Yes. Dark skin. And marking around eye. Like arc-moon.

[AB] A tattoo, like a crescent moon?

[NK] Yes.

[AM] Where did I put my pad-- ah, let's see, profile database... known tattoos and markings... here we go. Can you see if any of these looked like the one on his face?

[pause, sound of tapping on datapad]

[NK] Here. This one.

[AM] I see. Thank you, Niik.

[AB] You see anyone else with him?

[pause]

[NK] Metal person. What do you call them?

[AH] Exos.

[NK] Yes. Exos. With ... spikes on head.

[AM] What color were they? Their eyes?

[NK] Red-dark. Eyes white. Couldn't hear talk, but mouth was gold-lit.

[pause]

[AM] I see. Thank you, Niik. This was very helpful.

[NK] Happy helping.

[AH] C'mon, Niik, we need to get back to work on that ship.

[sound of footsteps receding]

[AB] A Hunter with a crescent moon tattoo and a scar on his head, and a dark-red Exo with cranial spikes and white eyes.

[AM] Kashaf and Magda. How the hell did they make it into the Tower?

[AB] To be fair, there's a whole lot of ways to get into the Tower without being seen.

[pause]

[AM] Ordinarily, I'd pretend I didn't hear that--

[AB] Oh?

[AM] I let you Hunters get away with a lot of your secrets, but now this poses a major security breach.

[AB] I'll tell you about any of the ones I know about. I want those components back.

[AM] I've got to consult the security feeds. See if that will show any more details on how they got in here.

[AB] Yeah. [pause] Hey, Mahal?

[AM] Yes?

[AB] When you track these guys down, I want in on the kill.

[AM] You may have to take a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment