Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Monday, June 28, 2021

Destiny 2 - Transcript of a Calamitous Conversation

Preface: A follow-up of sorts to Deep Stone Memory and A Buried Conversation, in the continuing parallel stories of The Wahei Transcripts and Shadows of Salvation.

TYPE: Transcription
DESCRIPTION: Conversation about a recent break-in
PARTIES: Three [3]. One [1] AI-type, designate Clovis Bray AI [CBI]; One [1] Exo-type, designate Elsie Bray [EB]; One [1] Guardian-type, designate Wahei Ohr [WO]

ASSOCIATIONS: Bog, Dredgen [AKA Kashaf, Afa]; Deep Stone Crypt; Bray, Clovis I; Bray, Elisabeth [AKA Elsie; Exo Stranger]; Calcutta; Clovis Bray; Enceladus; Endless Night; Europa; Exo; Ohr, Wahei; Ruin, Dredgen [AKA Ainu, Hadil; Ruiner, The]; Salvation, House of; Salvation, Shadows of; Traveler; Vergift, Dredgen [AKA Magda-9]; Warmind

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //
// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //

[sound of waking computer systems]

[CBI] Artificial intelligence activated. [pause] Elisabeth. Back again.

[EB] Clovis.

[CBI] And what do you want from... what was it you called me? A "bastard" like me?

[WO] We need information. I know that Magda-9 came through here recently. I need to know what she and her friends stole.

[CBI] And why do you need my help? Your people have proven so adept at extracting information from the systems down here.

[WO] Pardon my Ulurant, but cut the bull[EXPLETIVE DELETED], Clovis.

[CBI] I beg your pardon?

[WO] We all know you encrypted and locked down access to as many systems as you could not long after the Morning Star crashed into Europa. Out of spite as much as for security's sake.

[EB] We could break into those locked systems, but that would take time, and we're running short on that.

[WO] You have access to those systems, and we need to get into them so we know what Magda's trying to build.

[CBI] When Magda came through here, she uploaded her mind imprint into herself. Activated me just to rub in my face how she'd changed since I knew her last.

[EB] It wasn't just that, Clovis. We suspect they stole components or even an entire Exo frame from the manufactories down here. In the time it would take us to break into the systems and then sift through the data, they might make a further move.

[pause]

[CBI] Forgive my taking a moment to savor this.

[EB] Smug bastard.

[CBI] I have consulted the records. They did indeed take Exo components. Several Exo bodies have been removed from the facility, as well as a significant amount of alkahest. [pause] But they did not construct anything while they were here.

[WO] Did they access any other files that you can tell? Perhaps any connected to Warmind-related projects or programs?

[CBI] No.

[WO] You didn't take long to check.

[CBI] There's no need to. There was no Warmind oversight or presence on Europa. None of its Exo proxies were constructed here.

[WO] Proxies?

[CBI] My knowledge of the Warmind's reasoning for making use of Exo proxies is limited. I would say you should ask the expert, but as I understand it, Anastasia does not retain memories of that part of her life. Any knowledge that she has of the Warmind now is second-hand. Even in our time, when it came to its secrets, the Warmind was notoriously close-lipped. If you'll pardon the expression.

[WO] So there were other facilities where Exos were constructed in the system?

[CBI] None as extensive as the Creation facilities here on Europa, but yes. Mars, Calcutta, Enceladus.

[WO] Well, Mars is off the table.

[EB] And the Calcutta facility was buried during the Collapse.

[WO] We can't rule it out, though. The Seraph bunker on Luna was buried, too, but Bog's crew still got in there.

[CBI] The Calcutta facility is online. [pause] My access to it is cut off, no doubt specifically to spite me.

[WO] That's a more likely place, I think.

[CBI] Calcutta did have more Warmind oversight.

[EB] I can double-check Enceladus, just to check it off the list.

[CBI] You're of the belief that Magda intends to make an Exo body for some purpose?

[WO] Correct. And based on what circumstantial evidence I've found, it's a dangerous one--

[CBI] All Exos are dangerous. A single Exo can change the tide of battle.

[EB] Not all Exos are created equal.

[CBI] That's just blatantly false.

[EB] Fine. Yes. If that Exo is a bespoke model meant to house the better version of yourself.

[WO] As I was trying to say, based on what I've been able to unearth, I believe they're trying to construct an Exo body following specifications that had been buried in Warmind files. Specifically, one that was intended to be used in a major combat situation.

[CBI] What kind of combat situation?

[WO] It's impossible to say for certain, given so much of the Warmind's decision coding and the conclusions he arrived at are still locked behind 'Subtle Assets Imperative' classification. But it specifies a 'Yuga Eclipse' condition and a 'Civilization Kill Event.' Even without knowing specifics, it certainly sounds...

[CBI] Calamitous.

[WO] Yes.

[EB] We don't know what Magda-9's endgame is, but we can't allow her to finish it.

[CBI] She also has access to designs for paracausal weaponry.

[pause]

[WO] You know, next time, you should lead with that.

[EB] What kind of paracausal weaponry?

[CBI] We never got concrete numbers for its destructive potential, but we believe it was capable of destroying a star.

[pause]

[EB] They wouldn't consider--

[WO] No, of course not. But if it's capable of destroying a star, it may be more than capable of damaging something else. Something paracausal in its own right.

[pause]

[EB] If they try to destroy the Traveler, the results would be...

[CBI] Calamitous.

[EB] Yes.

[WO] I have to notify the Vanguard.

[EB] I'll swing by Enceladus, confirm if they're at the facility there or not.

[WO] I'll pass the word along to my people, have them check Calcutta while I head to the City.

[EB] Tell them to be careful.

[WO] You be careful, too. Try not to go to Enceladus by yourself.

[EB] I won't.

[the feed distorts with static from paracausal radiation, then fades]

[CBI] You shouldn't trust her, Elisabeth.

[EB] I don't, not entirely. I remember what she did, where I come from. [pause] The Guardian managed to change their fate, but... for every variable, there are constants. And I'm not sure which she is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment