Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Monday, November 6, 2023

Destiny 2 - Transcript of Relic Studies

TYPE: Transcription

DESCRIPTION: Discourse during study of relic designate PSC-2022-06-A

PARTIES: One (1) Guardian-type, Class Warlock, designate Wahei Ohr [OHR] (POI #0247); One (1) Ghost-type, designate Vizier [viz]; One (1) Eliksni-type, title Scribe, designate Eido [EIDO]; One (1) Eliksni-type, title Kell, designate Misraaks [MIS] (VIP #3987, AKA "Mithrax"); One (1) Lightbearer-type, Class unknown [u.1] (VIP #1315)

ASSOCIATIONS: Calus, Darkness; Deepsight; Nezarec; Nightmares; Ohr, Wahei; Pirates; Pyramid; Relic; Resonance; Resonant Visor

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE... //

// TRANSCRIPTION FOLLOWS... //

[sound of chair scraping, shuffling of cloth]

[viz] Okay, are we ready?

[OHR] I believe so. I have the visor here.

[click of item on table top, metallic or ceramic]

[OHR] Start recording.

[sound of Ghost warble]

[OHR] Wahei Ohr, Warlock of the Voidwalker Path, aboard the H.E.L.M. Conducting experiment number blah-de-blah-- fill this in later, please, transcriptionist, always rely on you. Purpose of experiment is further attuning to what we're calling the "Resonant Visor." Please refer to past experiment files for full details on its origins and properties.

// TRANSCRIBER'S NOTE: See REP #321-HELM-0247-0816, REP #134-CITY-0247-0820. Also, on behalf of myself and other transcribers, it's always nice to hear that our work is appreciated. --MIL-921

[pause]

[OHR] To summarize, the Visor's connection to the Dark-related anomalous energy or property we're calling "Resonance" synchronizes with the Dark-related ability called "Deepsight," enabling me to perceive my surroundings despite my blindness.

[pause]

[OHR] There are limitations to what the Visor can do. Colors are somewhat muted, not dissimilar to how they appear in the Ascendant Plane. I can't always see things through transparent barriers like windows. But the main limitation is that I can't channel Deepsight for long periods yet. I've been working on it, so I can hopefully utilize the Visor for longer periods.

[pause]

[OHR] (chuckles) The dream is, I can get back into the field, but I recognize that may be a very long time from now, if it ever does happen.

[viz] I doubt Ikora would clear you for field work.

[OHR] She technically didn't clear me for field work during the Xol crisis after the Red War, I just went anyway.

[pause]

[viz] Please don't do that again, Wahei.

[OHR] Viz--

[viz] I'm serious! Lightloss, the Catacombs... they affected you badly, and you never properly addressed it. You won't even tell me what happened! And then the way you treated those Frozen Hive on Mars...

[OHR] Viz!

[pause]

[OHR] (sighs) I'll do my best? That good enough?

[pause]

[viz] (sighs) I guess it'll have to be.

[OHR] Back to the experiments today. I asked my Ghost to work with some of the helper frames to set up this test. To further determine how well I can focus with Deepsight through the Visor. To see if I can hold it for longer.

[viz] This is Ghost Vizier speaking now. In a few moments, after my Guardian puts on the Resonant Visor and focuses her Deepsight, I will be positioning myself in various places around the chamber, prompting her to tell me what she perceives at each one, without moving from where she is sitting. I will append a separate report to this record detailing the exact variables I set up.

// TRANSCRIBER'S NOTE: See related record REP #326-HELM-0247-VIZ-0824-A.

[OHR] Take position Alpha, Vizier. I'm putting on the Visor... now. And tapping into Deepsight... now.

[faint audio distortion as of paracausal interference notable from this point until otherwise noted]

[viz] Can you see me, Wahei?

[OHR] Yes. You're positioned at a place about three meters away, slightly to my left. There's a plinth or column set up there, standard display height as you'd find in a vault or museum displays. There's-- is that my sword?

[viz] Yes, it is.

[OHR] My sword, in its scabbard, is being held in a suspension field above the plinth. And... it's interesting, I can almost perceive the suspension field. With normal sight, we don't usually see it, but I can perceive a sort of... haze where it must be around the sword.

[viz] So Deepsight lets you see these fields?

[OHR] Not Deepsight, because the same sort of thing wasn't visible while using it in other circumstances. I think this must be a property of the Visor.

[viz] I'll talk with Ikora, come up with some future experiments to hone in on that. But I'm moving to position Bravo.

[pause]

[viz] Okay, Wahei.

[OHR] Vizier is located about five-- no, about seven meters away. Another plinth, this one about half again as tall as the first. Looks like it was set atop a crate, the crate has the Vanguard logo on it. And above the plinth is... a crystal. I can't quite make out the color-- again, colors are muted or washed out.

[viz] Okay--

[OHR] Wait, hold on.

[pause]

[OHR] There's two different crystals on the plinth, aren't there?

[viz] Yes.

[OHR] Similar in structure, but they're different. Colors are different. One is... a sort of purple color. I think it's Reef Amethyst. And the other is white. I can just make out the suspension field again. But there's... something else I can just perceive.

[pause]

[OHR] Sorry, it's just really hard to make out. Straining myself a bit to even see it. But... just working some things out here, thinking out loud. Reef Amethyst has some poorly-documented paracausal capabilities-- I blame the Reefborn for not being forthcoming about all of their knowledge, despite the Queen's recent work with the Vanguard. But it's almost like I can see the vaguest connectivity into... the ether, I guess.

[pause]

[OHR] The other crystal has some paracausal properties, too, but it's different, like... the amethyst is somehow tied into the ethereal plane, as it were, while the white crystal... it's like the same connectivity is hooked, almost hungry.

[pause]

[OHR] Vizier, the white crystal... was this taken from the Loot Cave?

[viz] Yes, it was.

[OHR] Interesting. We knew the Loot Cave crystals had some kind of ... energy-absorption capabilities, but we still don't have a lot of data on how they work. If it weren't for the deleterious effect of the Cave on the psyche, I'd advocate sending people in to conduct further study.

[sound of approaching footsteps]

[EIDO] Velask, Guardian Wahei Ohr. Apologies for the interruption.

[OHR] Oh! Velask, Scribe Eido. I thought we'd locked that door.

[EIDO] I overheard "Ether," and got curious.

[OHR] Nothing wrong with curiosity, Eido. But, no, we weren't talking about ether in the sense of the Eliksni staple. It's a human saying. "Into the ether" means, like, "into nothingness."

[EIDO] Interesting! Like the Void?

[OHR] Kind of.

[faint audio distortion concludes at this point]

[OHR] Suspending experiment for now, Vizier. Starting to get a headache.

[viz] All right. You, Razio 99-50, make sure no one else comes in until we come back. Want to preserve the chamber for the experiment later.

[OHR] What brings you by, Eido?

[EIDO] Father is studying the relic that Guardian Morgan brought back from his recent pirate hunt.

[OHR] Relic?

[viz] Wahei--

[OHR] Viz, did you know about this?

[viz] I'd heard something, but--

[OHR] Eido, can you take me to where he's studying it?

[viz] Wahei!

[OHR] I'm a Warlock, Vizier. I can't help but be curious.

[sound of moving footsteps into corridor and eventually into another chamber]

[EIDO] Father, I brought Guardian Wahei. She was interested in the relic.

[MIS] Velask, Guardian.

[OHR] Velask, O Kell. My teammate Morgan brought you something?

[MIS] Taken as spoils from a pirate lord called Val'aug.

[OHR] Vizier, can you point me in the right direction? And then describe it for me?

[MIS] Can you not see it, Guardian?

[OHR] Apologies, Misraakskel, but I cannot. I was struck blind recently, and cannot heal it. A curse after... after encountering the Witness.

[sound of brief, stressed breathing]

[MIS] I'm not sure how much help you might be, Guardian. Forgive me saying so, but without sight, it may be difficult to study the relic.

[OHR] I'm a Warlock, O Kell, and a Voidwalker besides. And there are other senses than sight that may be of use. Thank you. Vizier, now, description?

[viz] It's sort of shaped like a spherical jar, with a crudely-forged ring-like handle. Metal and some kind of frosted glass-like material. The metal looks like some kind of brass or gold-like alloy. There's a sort of tarnish on the metal, some kind of black material.

[EIDO] There are trace amounts of Darkness energies radiating from within the vessel. And the reliquary itself is made of some kind of super-dense substance. Like... lead barrier around uranium. This leads me to determine that the relic itself is quite powerful, and potentially harmful, if handled directly.

[MIS] Indeed. Opening the reliquary could be hazardous. Remember what recently happened here on the H.E.L.M. with the Crown of Sorrow.

[OHR] No need to remind me. I was here when it happened. So we'll leave it sealed for now. But there's only so much we can learn without direct observation of the source of the energy I'm sensing.

[EIDO] Ooh, I've heard about Warlocks and their ability to sense energies! What are you sensing, Guardian Wahei?

[OHR] Just Wahei, please. I should note that not every Warlock is necessarily that good at picking up on this sort of thing. I've just made a practice of it. But to answer your question, it... feels somewhat familiar. Maybe it's just a vague bias. I've been studying Darkness energies and their patterns very intently over the past few years.

[pause]

[OHR] That said, it almost feels like the "phantasmal" energies from the Leviathan, or around Luna. But not nearly as direct as the energies that Calus was trying to weaponize. Similar to them, but distinctly different.

[MIS] (rumbles) Be careful, Wahei Ohr.

[approaching footsteps, accompanied by a jaunty humming, which cuts off]

[u.1] Ah, hey there, little sister. Sorry, getting a little swept up in all this adventurin'.

[EIDO] Velask, The Drifter.

[u.1] Just Drifter'll do. Hello to you, too, Your Kellship.

[MIS] Drifter.

[u.1] And... well, if it isn't lil' Miss Blank-Eyes.

[OHR] Hello, Majhul.

[pause]

[u.1] Gonna have to tell me where you heard that name, Sightless.

[OHR] No, I don't.

[EIDO] What brings you by?

[u.1] Just finishin' up some resupply. Gotta swing by the Skyspear, touch base with ol' Morgan. What's that you're studyin'--

[pause]

[u.1] That's the relic Morgan brought back, isn't it?

[MIS] Yes.

[u.1] Well. I thought that thing was gonna be bad news when I saw it on the holo. But now... gives me a little shiver. (shudders)

[OHR] You're pretty perceptive, aren't you?

[u.1] Reminds me of somethin'... from a long time ago.

[EIDO] What kind of something?

[pause]

[u.1] Huh. Maybe I should do a little research of my own.

[pause]

[sound of receding footsteps]

[OHR] Well, that was a thing.

[EIDO] What do you suppose he means?

[OHR] I'm sure we won't know until and unless he wants to tell us.

[pause]

[MIS] We should return to our study of the relic. Would you care to join us, Guardian?

[OHR] Try to drag me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment