Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Monday, November 6, 2023

Destiny 2 - Transcript of a Piratical Speech

ForewordI've been remiss in not uploading all of the Wahei Transcripts to this blog. So let's catch up...

TYPE: Transcription

DESCRIPTION: Speech by a person of interest, interspersed with responses

PARTIES: One [1] Guardian-type, class Titan, designate Donovan Morgan [DM] (POI #0268)

ASSOCIATIONS: Cabal; Cabal Ascendancy (aka Imperial Cabal); Caiatl; Coalition; Drifter; Eliksni (Fallen); Eramis; House Blades; House Light; Misraaks (aka Mithrax); Morgan, Donovan; Old Crews [Fallen]; Pirates; Skyspear; Wilders

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //

// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //


Welcome aboard the Skyspear! I am Donovan Morgan. You can call me Morgan, but the proper term of address on board this ship is "Captain."

(chorus of responses, along the lines of "Aye, Captain!")

We're all here for one main reason-- taking out the pirate crews that got stirred up by Eramis. I know they're preying on any Eliksni ship that tries to break for the City to join House Light, or even those few that try to get out of the system. I know they're plaguing the Imperial Cabal supply chain. And there's Wilder settlements out there that are sitting ducks for them.

So if you're on board the Skyspear, you're here to help stop them. That sound about right?

(chorus of responses in the affirmative)

We got quite a motley crew here! Guardians, Eliksni, Cabal... I don't know all of you that well, I'll try to learn your names. Also-- to our Eliksni, I may slip up, call you "Fallen." Apologies in advance. I got a couple centuries of experience and habit to overcome, trying to do better. Let me know if I get it wrong.

I'm gonna work out a proper chain of command here soon. But this servitor here, SCUR-V, will handle some of the quartermaster duties, especially where the Eliksni crew are concerned. That good with you, V? That good with you, Eliksni?

(chorus of Eliksni chittering in the affirmative)

We got a few sharpshooters on the crew. A few Hunters, Halsiks from Spider's lot, and-- isn't there a Psion sniper in the Cabal group?

(distant call of a Psion voice)

Right! Now, I'm not gonna stand in the way of any posturing and dominance contests you all need to make, to find out who's best or whatever. We'll pass plenty of debris or space rocks you can use for target practice and such. Figure it out, pick your perches, whatever.

Now, the Guardians on board, we're likely to be our front-line fighters when we go up against the old crews. This is Rega-7. Been my fireteam partner since the day I met her. Not a steadier hand in the system you wanna have by your side. She's not always gonna be the nicest, but do your job well and keep a level head on your shoulders, and she'll do right by you.

Arion-5 and Soap-- these two are both new Lights, so they're still getting the hang of things, but I know you Eliksni from the Quarter would probably know Arion. Soap, he's been helping fight Lucent Hive alongside the Cabal. Me, I've fought them and fought alongside them in the Crucible, they'll do pretty well on the front lines. Especially with veteran Guardians like me or Rev helping them out.

Speaking of, this is Revenant-19. You Cabal may have heard the name from Valus Forge. He's an Iron Lord. If Rega's not exactly the nicest, then Rev can be down right mean. But, like with Rega, do your job and do it well, and he'll probably grunt in a vaguely approving way. Right, Rev?

(a vaguely approving grunt)

Thanks, Rev.

Lastly with the Guardians, this here is Luna. She may seem a bit young, but: A, she's an Awoken, and they basically always look young unless they don't want to, and B, it doesn't matter what she looks like, because she's quick with a knife and bow. Also, if you have a problem with Luna, you have a problem with me, and more to the point, you have a problem with Rev.

As I said, us Guardians will be the boarding party when we set out to storm an enemy ship. But I trust the rest of you to help defend our ketch against enemy boarders. We have Ransiks and his fellow Skiffblades, think we picked up a young fighter who left the House of Blades too-- ah, there you are, glad to have you, pal-- and then we have these three Cabal to help hold the line. They were vouched for by Valus Forge and Bracus Gaal'matel. That's Behz'lehzi and Traa'skema, they just got their Phalanx shields-- you can call them Bezel and Trask. And the big tusked one here is Maal'kemat-- Malka, if you like-- fresh from the gladiator pits. She's good with those cleavers.

Now, I know we may all have some hang-ups and prejudices that maybe we're still dealing with. I already admitted that I'm working on my own, I welcome criticism if I get it wrong. I expect the same out of the rest of you. I take a dim view to bringing hate on this ketch, if we're all gonna work together. Work out your differences, but when push comes to shove, we all have one another's backs! I don't care where you come from, don't care what species you are, don't care what issues you may have. From here on out, we're in it together.

One ketch, one crew.

When we start fighting with those pirates out there, that's not a Fallen at your side, that's not an Eliksni at your side, that's your crewmate. That's not some squishy small-tusk backing you up, that's your crewmate.

One ketch, one crew.

Do I make that clear?

(chorus of responses, along the lines of "Aye, Captain!")

What's the line?

(chorus of responses, along the lines of "One ketch, one crew!")

Damn fine to hear!

Now let's go hunt some pirates!

No comments:

Post a Comment