Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Destiny 2 - Transcript of Another Twilight Conversation

Following the investigation aboard the Glykon, an alliance is struck to hunt the Shadows...

TYPE: Transcription
DESCRIPTION: Conversation between persons of interest
PARTIES: Two [2]. One [1] Guardian-type, Class Hunter [u.1]; One [1] Guardian-type, Class Warlock, designate Wahei Ohr [WO] (POI #0247)

ASSOCIATIONS: Black Fleet; Bog, Dredgen [AKA Kashaf, Afa]; Cabal; Calus, Emperor; Cull, Dredgen [AKA Sol, Callum]; Darkness; Glykon Volatus; Hive; Mahal, Aunor; Malphur, Shin; Morn, Eris; Ohr, Wahei; Oryx; Praxic Order; Ruin, Dredgen [AKA Ainu, Hadil]; Salvation, Shadows of; Savathûn; Scorn; Sorrow, Crown of; Teufel, Dredgen [AKA Geist, Damon]; Thorn; Toland; Touch of Malice; Umbranomicon; Vergift, Dredgen [AKA Magda-9]; WoS; Xivu Arath; Yor, Shadows of

//AUDIO UNAVAILABLE//
//TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS...//
 

[sound of campfire crackling, faint static of paracausal radiation]

[pause]

[sound of leather rustling, gun cocking]

[u.1] Show yourself. Hands up and empty, if you value your Light.

[sound of footsteps approaching]

[WO] Hunter.

[u.1] Wahei Ohr.

[WO] I've come to ask for your help.

[u.1] Crossed that line, have you?

[WO] No. At least, I'm confident I haven't, but Vizier monitors me carefully. He'd warn me if I had.

[u.1] [grunts] How did you find me?

[WO] You're not the only one good at finding people. Not that you made it easy.

[u.1] [grunts] That was intentional. I'm retired.

[WO] So I heard. The Hero of the Red War is meant to be your successor.

[u.1] That's the hope.

[WO] Having them be the symbol of that hope and everything is all well and good, but we both know you're not retired.

[u.1] That so?

[WO] It wasn't that long ago you came looking for me because you thought I'd gone to the Dark.

[u.1] Still not convinced you haven't.

[WO] Well, what about if I told you about some Lightbearers who HAVE gone to the Dark?

[pause]

[u.1] I'm listening.

[WO] You familiar with a Hunter by the name of Afa Kashaf?

[u.1] Regret to say I am. One of Cull's inner circle. Still sticks in my craw that he slipped past me when I started hunting them down.

[WO] I have it on good authority that he once had possession of a certain book.

[pause]

[u.1] Why am I just now learning about this?

[WO] The Praxic Order doesn't like to advertise that a Dredgen has read one of the most dangerous compendiums in the system. From what I've heard, you and the Praxics don't exactly see eye to eye.

[u.1] To put it mildly.

[WO] I don't know how much of it he read before the Praxics recovered it, but I worry that he may have read up on some of Toland's research notes about infusing objects with Darkness.

[pause]

[u.1] You tellin' me that Dredgen Bog knows how to make Weapons of Sorrow?

[WO] If he doesn't, he knows enough that with his friends' knowledge, he could figure it out.

[u.1] Who're his friends?

[WO] Not sure of their 'Dred' names, but they're called Magda-9 and Hadil Ainu.

[pause]

[u.1] Dredgen Vergift and Dredgen Ruin. I've heard of them. Slipped into the shadows while I was hunting Cull. Them and their buddy Teufel.

[WO] Teufel got caught by the Praxics. He refused to be redeemed, so they had to put him down.

[u.1] Dredgens like Bog and his ilk must be put down. Especially if they're trying to forge Weapons of Sorrow.

[WO] Glad to hear it. Whatever you or the Praxics think about me, I refuse to allow Weapons of Sorrow to proliferate. It's already bad enough so many Guardians are running around with Thorn replicas.

[u.1] This, coming from a Guardian who owns that rifle that Eris Morn forged out of the Taken King's heart? You know if the Hive got their hands on it, they could resurrect him.

[WO] No one else knows where it is. As long as I leave it where it's hidden, it cannot feed, and will wither on the vine. It would become prohibitively expensive, in terms of tribute, for them to try to resurrect him.

[u.1] You sound awfully sure of that.

[WO] However twisted their affection for one another, Oryx's sisters would not waste tribute on reviving him, and he wouldn't be grateful for it.

[pause]

[u.1] Fine. I can start sniffing around to find Bog and his crew. Probably lurking around Hive spaces if they're planning to make Weapons of Sorrow.

[WO] They already have a panel of bone-chitin they stole off of the Glykon. I suspect he got his hands on some Scorn tissue and Dark Ether too.

[u.1] [grunts] I'll ask around the City foundries. Vergift might have some weaponsmithing knowledge to hand, but they might look into getting their hands on high-quality goods for their experiments.

[WO] I'll run down any Hive spaces they might be using. But we should also keep an eye on any place with a Black Fleet presence. Bog's read Toland's book, and might try to make a Weapon without bothering with Hive components.

[pause]

[the feed distorts with static from paracausal radiation]

[u.1] You're not in the clear yet, Ohr. But Bog's crew are the greater threat compared to you.

[WO] I understand. I'll be in touch.

[u.1] [pause] Luck, Ohr.

[WO] Good hunting, Malphur.

[the feed clears]

[sound of a hand cannon magazine being loaded]

[u.1] Time to go hunting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment