Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Destiny 2 - Transcript of an Illicit Conversation

Foreword: I've been especially active in the r/DestinyJournals subreddit as of late, and began writing a number of different shorts. I'm going to start re-posting them here.

TYPE: Transcription
DESCRIPTION: Conversation between persons of interest
PARTIES: Two [2]. One [1] Guardian-type, Class Warlock, designate Wahei Ohr [WO] (POI#0247); One [1] Guardian-type, Class N/A [u.1] (VIP#1315)
ASSOCIATIONS: Drifter; Magpie District; Mahal, Aunor; Ohr, Wahei; Praxic Archives; Praxic Order; Tango, Charlie; Traitor's Die; Umbranomicon

//AUDIO UNAVAILABLE//
//TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS//

[footsteps pacing, rustling, waxen clattering]

[WO] You might as well step into the open. I know you're there.

[a metallic clink, then footsteps approaching]

[u.1] I'm impressed, sister. Those were prime sneakin' around moves I was using. [chuckles] How'd you know I was there?

[WO] Voidwalker.

[u.1] Uh huh. Sure. For all you knew, I could've been that hardliner Praxic chick--

[WO] If I thought you were Aunor, I wouldn't have said anything. I'd have just shot first.

[u.1] Huh. Awful ruthless.

[WO] There's nothing I could say to Aunor Mahal that would convince her that I'm not spiraling down a very Dark rabbit hole.

[u.1] And you're tellin' me you're not?

[WO] Just because someone isn't walking in the Light twenty-four-seven doesn't mean they're walking into the Deep Dark.

[another metallic clink]

[u.1] [chuckles] You're a strange one, sister.

[WO] Again, Voidwalker.

[more waxen clattering]

[WO] Interesting.

[scratching on paper]

[u.1] Never figured you for a Guardian that likes games of chance.

[WO] Who said I do?

[u.1] Well, I heard-tell from ol' Charlie that you did pretty well for yourself in a card game recently...

[WO] And you think there was any part of that which was "chance?"

[u.1] [chuckles] "Making your own chance," was it? I like you, sister.

[WO] Every Lightbearer at that table was manipulating the odds. I was the only one doing it consciously.

[u.1] And yet, I see you here, rollin' the bones like a born craps-shooter.

[WO] One bone. Just the one.

[u.1] You know, most bones that Guardians keep around ain't the safest thing. Like that big-ass one that Shaxx keeps in the Tower. Or the "rock" that Moondust carries all over the place.

[WO] You're not wrong.

[u.1] And you think playin' knucklebones with one of them is a good idea?

[WO] Again, you think there's any sort of game involved here?

[u.1] Sister, everything's part of the game.

[pause]

[WO] You have more insight than you let on.

[u.1] That's the one thing I never make secret. Not my fault if they don't realize it.

[WO] Or if they can't realize it.

[pause]

[more waxen clattering, then a metallic clink]

[u.1] So if you're not playing games with that, just what are you doing with it?

[sound of scratching on paper]

[WO] Perhaps I am seeking insight.

[u.1] Huh. Way I understand it, if you're gonna cast the bones, you use four ankle-bones. Not a bird's skull.

[WO] If you're going to "cast the bones" and not have the results skewed by the Light, you have to use special bones.

[pages turning]

[u.1] Whoa. Hey. I recognize that book.

[WO] Really? You are full of surprises.

[u.1] I make a point of learning about dangerous stuff. And that book is on the list. And not just mine.

[WO] Yes. That's why I had Charlie steal it for me.

[u.1] From the Praxic Order? [whistles] Sister, I thought the Hero of the Red War was crazy, but you're a whole different breed.

[WO] Voidwalker.

[u.1] What the hell do you even want that book for?

[WO] Insight. This was going to be Toland's seminal work on the Darkness, until his... demise.

[u.1] You know that he was cracked in the head, don't you?

[WO] One could make the argument that we're all "cracked in the head."

[u.1] You're not helping your case, sister.

[WO] The concepts and precepts in the book provide some details on how to interpret the die's meaning.

[pages turning]

[WO] Huh. And details on how one could craft more. Interesting.

[u.1] Do I even want to know what you're planning?

[WO] I plan the same thing you do, only I'm not solely concerned with saving my own skin.

[u.1] That's a bit harsh, sister.

[WO] It's a harsh world, "brother."

[u.1] [sighs] That's the truest thing, isn't it?

[a metallic clink]

[u.1] [grunts] Well, whatever you're planning, if it involves that book, I want no part of it. Catch you around, sister.

[footsteps receding, waxen clattering]

[WO] You know, this book has a lot of interesting things in it, Majhul. Even ways one could sever one's connection to their Ghost without needing to kill it.

[pause]

[footsteps approaching]

[u.1] What was that?

[WO] I said, the book contains a lot of interesting information, such as severing--

[u.1] Not that.

[WO] You've gone by a lot of different names in your ages, haven't you?

[u.1] How do you know about that one?

[WO] Voidwalker.

[u.1] Pardon my Ulurant, but that's a load of [EXPLETIVE DELETED]. How do you know it?

[WO] I never tell secrets.

[thump of a book closing, rustling]

[WO] But, I see I've touched a nerve. I should be going.

[the feed distorts with static from paracausal radiation]

[WO] After you've cooled down, if your curiosity remains piqued, just whistle. I know where to find you.

[the static clears]

[a metallic clink]

[u.1] Sister, I ever whistle for you, it'll only be so I can look you in the eyes before I shoot you between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment