Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Monday, October 5, 2020

Destiny 2: SHADEBINDER


Wielding an elemental force of creation and destruction is different for me.

Titans and Hunters see the paracausal forces we wield as mere tools, unfazed by the sheer fury of the storm or the raw power of the sun or the sapping nothingness of the void. They can pick them up and put them down, shape them into tools and weapons to be used.

They don't know what it means to embody the element itself, to draw it into oneself and become it. To straddle that line between light and dark, and step outside the bounds of time and space. To hear the song of the solar fire and shape it into a sword. To step into the eye of the gale with serenity and let the storm dance within.

I see them now, bearing these new powers born of the primordial ur-predator, and none of them understand what it is they're using. They think it is merely another tool in their kit, another weapon in their arsenal. Look at them now, plodding and proud with their newfound power, sneering and smug with their sharpened sickles. They don't know what it is they're wielding.

Not like I do.

I have steeped myself in it. As I did with the void, I moved outside boundaries-- those imposed by the dogmas of the Light. As I did with solar fire, I have heard the song-- the rhythm and rime of a song of silence. As I did with the gale, I stepped into the storm and looked into its eye as it looked into me.

What good are your tools and weapons when I can reach out and make them heed my will? What good is your glacial force when I can halt you in your tracks? What good is your withering squall when I can silence it with a whisper?

The Dark is merely your tool. But I have truly harnessed it. Encompassed it.

Binded it.

No comments:

Post a Comment