Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Destiny 2 - Transcript of a Severing

TYPE: VANGUARD SURVEILLANCE REPORT

DESCRIPTION: Conversation between a person of interest and a phantom

PARTIES: ### [#]. One [1] Guardian-type, designate Wahei Ohr [WO] (POI #0247); One [1] Nightmare-type [u.1]; One [1] Memory-type [u.2]

ASSOCIATIONS: Calus; Crown of Sorrow; Darkness; Disciple; Egregore; Haruspex; Leviathan (Cabal Ship); Nightmares; Ohr, Wahei (POI #0247); Pyramid (Lunar); Scryer; Witness

//AUDIO UNAVAILABLE//

//TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS...//


[WO] Resonance spiking. This is the place.

[rustling of pack, sound of equipment being planted in egregore bed]

[u.1] Of course this would be the place. You recognize it, don't you?

[WO] [grunt] The lab Calus set aside for me while I was studying the Crown.

[u.1] Come now. 'Lab' is doing it a disservice. You had a whole suite of rooms at your disposal. That door over there leads to the old sleeping quarters--

[WO] And I can see it's overgrown by fungus.

[u.1] Yes, well, hygiene has ever been a struggle in your personal quarters--

[WO] Shut up!

[u.1] --but then, no one is really aware of your organizational method. Just another level of obfuscation, right?

[WO] [grunts]

[u.1] If no one else knows how to find the information you hoard, then no one could use it for the wrong purposes. And no one could use it against you.

[sound of weaponry being checked, prepared]

[u.1] After all, "I never tell secrets."

[pause]

[static as of paracausal interference, humming of energies]

[TRANSCRIBER'S NOTE: The static and humming persists throughout the ritual being performed. --MIL-921]

[WO] Understand something-- I don't care who or what you are. You're something that the Darkness-- the Witness-- conjured up in an attempt to break me. All my insecurities and fears and things I won't admit, all wrapped up and dressed up to look like a bad dream I had once. That's all you are. And all you ever will be.

[u.1] Oh? But we've seen one another many times since then. Every time you've tried to look through the veil, to glimpse the shape the future will take, you've found me looking back at you.

[WO] Subconscious fears and doubts always color one's observations when attempting to forecast the way forward. All you were in those visions was a hallucination. You don't define the shape of my future.

[u.1] Only one being defines the shape of your future. The shape of all futures. The only shape. A final shape.

[WO] No. I refuse to accept that the future is immutable!

[u.1] Oh, it's not immutable. "But many equations lead to the same solution," as Osiris would say. You may wander off the direct path, but in the end, it all comes to the same conclusion.

[WO] I am a Lightbearer! I am a Guardian! And I make my own fate!

[u.1] Indeed you shall. And what if the fate you end up making is still one that leads you back to me?

[WO] That won't happen.

[u.1] [chuckles] But what if it does?

[WO] Then I will sever my connection to Light, Darkness, and all paracausality.

[u.1] How bold.

[WO] I will never allow my talents and my intellect to be used to enact the will of something like the Witness.

[u.1] Such conviction.

[WO] And I will not allow myself to doubt my will to make a fate better than the one it wants to shape.

[humming of energies spikes, then subsides]

[WO] And you are nothing more than a bad dream that I no longer fear.

[static spikes, then fades]

[u.2] Hm. I respect your ability to overcome fear. But don't forget to allow yourself to feel the gift of it.

[WO] "Gift?"

[u.2] Fear is not something to be avoided. Fear is something that can inspire us to do great deeds. Being without fear is foolish. Overcoming that fear is how one defines bravery.

[WO] Hm. I'd lost sight of that these past few weeks.

[u.2] You'll lose sight of more than that if you aren't careful.

[WO] That's why I try to keep my friends around.

[u.2] Hold to that. Even if the path you walk is a solitary one.

[WO] The path I walk is one I choose. It may lead into Dark places, but I carry the Light in me.

[u.2] [chuckles] And when you walk in the Light, do not forget that there's a splinter of Darkness in you as well.

[pause]

[u.2] Don't give me that look. You might have shone the Light upon me, but I am still something born of Darkness.

[pause]

[WO] And you might be urging me to cloak myself in Darkness, but never forget that I am still something born of Light.

[u.2] [chuckles] I think you'll do great things, whatever shape your future may take.

[WO] That was never in doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment