Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Friday, December 17, 2021

Destiny 2 - Transcript of an Investigative Conversation

TYPE: Transcription

DESCRIPTION: Conversation about a recent disappearance

PARTIES: Four [4]. One [1] Guardian-type, Class Warlock, designate Aunor Mahal [AM]; One [1] Guardian-type, Class Titan, designate Donovan Morgan [DM]; One [1] Eliksni-type, designate Mithrax [MIS]; One [1] Eliksni-type, designate Klyfiks [KLY]

ASSOCIATIONS: Black Armory, The; Bog, Dredgen [AKA Kashaf, Afa] (POI #0478); Botza District; Caiatl, Empress (VIP #3829); Drifter, The (VIP #1315); Eliksni [AKA Fallen]; Eliksni Quarter; Endless Night; Klyfiks; Light, House of; Mithrax [AKA Misraaks]; Morgan, Donovan (POI #0268); Ohr, Wahei (POI #0247); Ruin, Dredgen [AKA Ainu, Hadil; Ruiner, The] (POI #0492); Saint-14; Salvation, Shadows of; Schnell Corporation; Splicer [AKA Sacred Splicer]; Vault Ebisu; Vex; Young Wolf, The (VIP #2014)

[TRANSCRIBER'S NOTES: Text presented in { } is translated from Eliksni. --MIL-921]

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //

// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //

[AM] Velask, Misraakskel.

[MIS] Ah. Velask, Aunor Mahal. What can House Light do for you and your friends today?

[AM] Let me introduce you first. This is Titan Donovan Morgan, I asked for his help with the issue you raised with the Vanguard. But I believe you two are acquainted.

[DM] Kell. 

[MIS] Titan.

[DM] I'm only here 'cuz Mahal asked me, so we're clear.

[AM] I think you'll change your tune once the Kell explains, Morgan.

[DM] You still haven't explained what the [EXPLETIVE DELETED] I'm doing here, Mahal.

[AM] Last week, during the Vex invasion, one of House Light's Eliksni disappeared. No, let me finish before you say anything, Morgan. Please. [beat] Yes, a lot of people died or disappeared in the chaos following the invasion, but Misraaks said that they've accounted for all of their people. Even the ones that died.

[MIS] Yes. Missing Eliksni is called Ebakis. One of the first Eliksni to choose to join House Light, trained to be a Splicer. 

[DM] Okay. [beat] Waiting to hear why you needed me here, Mahal. I sympathize with losing someone, Kell, but this doesn't sound like something you'd need my help with. I have Vanguard ops I need to--

[AM] If you assist with this investigation, Morgan, I might look the other way in regards to your dealings with Drifter.

[pause]

[DM] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] you, Mahal.

[pause]

[DM] [sigh] Tell me more about this Splicer of yours. Eebsaksis?

[MIS] Ebakis. I had high hopes of their talents as a Sacred Splicer. None of House Light's Splicers have penetrated Vex systems as deep as Ebakis, except for Guardians.

[DM] Right. I wasn't in the City when the Vex invaded, I was chasing down a Psion conspirator out in cis-Jovian to help secure the alliance with Caiatl. So what was Ebakis doing during the invasion? Keeping the way into the network open for Guardians like the Wolf?

[MIS] No. Ebakis was not in Eliksni Quarter when invasion began.

[pause]

[DM] Mahal, think it's likely that Baksis--

[AM] Ebakis. Please, Morgan, you're better than this. Enough with the misnaming.

[DM] I'm genuinely trying here. I have problems with Fall-- with Eliksni names. But you think it's likely that-- this Splicer ran across some racist [EXPLETIVE DELETED] that took advantage of the mess to make them disappear?

[AM] It's possible. I know there have been a few incidents like this over the past few months, since we opened our doors to House Light.

[MIS] If I may, Ebakis had a Splicer Gauntlet. I have not had a chance to try to track it down. My priority has been seeing to our survivors and making repairs.

[DM] That could help. If I had a sense of where Ebakis was when the invasion happened, that'd help too.

[MIS] A moment, please. I know someone who might know. {Klyfiks, come here.}

[AM] Any thoughts, Morgan?

[DM] I got plenty of thoughts, not a lot on this subject right now.

[AM] I heard out Klyfiks about what they saw, and I think you'll find it relevant.

[DM] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] sake, Mahal, lead with that next time.

[AM] You've had bad relations with Eliksni in the past, Morgan. I needed you to actually see the Eliksni Quarter for yourself.

[MIS] Aunor Mahal, Titan Morgan, this is Klyfiks, a House Light engineer. {Klyfiks, this is Aunor Mahal and Titan Morgan, they are Guardians trying to find out what happened to Ebakis.}

[AM] Velask, Klyfiks.

[DM] Yeah, hi.

[KLY] {I am not in trouble, Misraakskel?}

[MIS] {No, Klyfiks. Just tell them what you told me after the invasion last week.}

[TRANSCRIBER'S NOTES: Klyfiks, I have since confirmed, does not speak the common human language. Below, Klyfiks' words were translated with diligent accuracy by Mithrax. To that end, I have removed his translations from this transcription. Both the original recording and an unedited transcription are available on request. --MIL-921]

[KLY] {I have been working with the human company in the district nearby, the one with the lapine mascot.}

[DM] Schnell Corporation.

[KLY] {Yes, that one. Ebakis had come with me, to see if there was work available. Spoke with Rahn Dae-vid-sun there.}

[DM] Ron Davidson. Okay. Talk to him later. Continue.

[KLY] {Brass-spawn began invading, so we built barricades to try to keep them back. But then the Noisy Death arrived.}

[DM] "Noisy Death?" Mahal, you know what they mean by that? Or you, Kell, can you explain it for me?

[MIS] I explained for Aunor Mahal: the Noisy Death is a Lightbearer, one that has killed many Eliksni nests, not even on a fanatical crusade like the Saint. The Noisy Death kills because it enjoys it, like too many of your kind.

[DM] [pause] That's fair.

[KLY] {I brought a recording. The Noisy Death is known for recorded noise and war-cries that herald it. I have it on this tablet.}

[beep of a tablet, followed by distorted music and a screaming vocal of "I'm a head banger."]

[DM] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] me, that's the Ruiner. You're lucky to be alive, Klyfiks.

[KLY] {Someone else was with them, they called them off, said they found something. Hold on, might be on recording.}

[beep of a tablet, followed by recording of a voice "Ruin, get back down here. Kalki's found the cache."]

[DM] Not sure about that one, but I have a suspicion. If the Ruiner was there, then--

[AM] Can confirm, Morgan. I recognize the voice. That's Afa Kashaf. Dredgen Bog.

[DM] [grunt] This just gets better and better. [pause] "Cache." I wonder-- wait. Didn't that Fallen gang-- [EXPLETIVE DELETED], I mean Eliksni gang--

[MIS] If you're speaking of the Kell's Scourge, then they were Fallen. Not Eliksni. No offense is taken.

[DM] Right, them. Thanks, Kell. But didn't they find some kind of weapons vault under the district a couple years back?

[MIS] Much of it was sealed in the time since then, and most of what it held had been removed and distributed already.

[DM] Did Ebakis spend a lot of time in the basement of Schnell Corporation?

[KLY] {Ebakis was down there when the invasion happened, yes. No body was found after.}

[DM] [grunts] Neither Bog nor the Ruiner would necessarily leave anything left to identify.

[MIS] No. If they had disintegrated Ebakis, the Splicer Gauntlet would have been destroyed as well, its connection to House Light's data-mesh would have been broken. It has not been.

[pause]

[DM] Right. Now I see why you brought me in, Mahal. I'm easier to track down than Wahei, and we both know she's been trying to track them down.

[AM] I figure she's more likely to take a call from you than she is from me.

[DM] That's fair. So. Ah, thanks again, Kaff-- no, Kluff-- no, Kly-- yes. Thanks, Klyfiks. Thanks, Kell. I'll pop over to Schnell and talk to Ron Davidson. If you can get anything we can use to track that Splicer Gauntlet, send it to my Ghost, Eyeball.

[MIS] You will help save Ebakis, Titan?

[DM] You and I both know that if he ran afoul of the Ruiner or any of that pack of lunatics, then he's dead. But I'll see if I can get a definitive answer as to what happened to him.

[MIS] I thank you, Titan.

[DM] Sure. Mahal, next time just be upfront about what you need from me.

[AM] No promises.

[DM] [grunts] I'm gonna hold you to your word, by the way.

[AM] [chuckles] Sure.

[DM] I mean it. Next time I'll shoot you where it'll hurt way more.

[sound of transmat departure]

[MIS] He does not like you.

[AM] He doesn't have to. But Morgan will find your Splicer, whatever happened to him.

[MIS] I thank you, Aunor Mahal.

-------------------------------

TYPE: Transcription

DESCRIPTION: Conversation between persons of interest.

PARTIES: Three [3]. One [1] Guardian-type, Class Titan, designate Donovan Morgan [DM]; One [1] Guardian-type, Class Warlock, designate Wahei Ohr [WO]; One [1] Guardian-type, Class Hunter [u.1]

ASSOCIATIONS: Bog, Dredgen [AKA Kashaf, Afa] (POI #0478); Botza District; Drifter, The (VIP #1315); Eliksni [AKA Fallen]; Eliksni Quarter; Endless Night; Hive; Malphur, Shin; Mars; Morgan, Donovan (POI #0268); Ohr, Wahei (POI #0247); Ruin, Dredgen [AKA Ainu, Hadil; Ruiner, The] (POI #0492); Salvation, Shadows of; Schnell Corporation; Splicer [AKA Sacred Splicer]; Tango, Charlie (POI #0320); Vault Ebisu; Vex; Vergift, Dredgen [AKA Versenne, Magda; Magda-9] (POI #0480)

// AUDIO UNAVAILABLE //

// TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS... //

[sound of approaching footsteps]

[DM] Yo, Wahei, you down here?

[silence]

[DM] I wasn't followed.

[silence]

[DM] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] hell, Wahei. Just come out.

[brief burst of static as if from paracausal radiation]

[WO] I had to be sure.

[DM] [beat] You know you're getting weirder, right?

[WO] [grumble] Don't remind me.

[DM] When was the last time you slept?

[WO] I don't need to sleep. If I attune myself to the Light in the right way, I can keep going for weeks without--

[DM] [EXPLETIVE DELETED] sake, Wahei.

[WO] I know what I'm doing, Morgan--

[DM] Do you? DO YOU!? I've been saying this since the Red War, and it's only gotten worse-- you're not well, Wahei. I don't know what happened to you in Paris-- no, I'm not asking for details. But since you got back from Paris, I've seen it affected you. That Hive witch, from Nokris' brood, that we fought during one of the suppression actions.

[WO] I remember.

[DM] You disintegrated her. Not all at once. But finger by finger, limb by limb, organ by organ. She died screaming.

[WO] Morgan--

[DM] I'm not saying she didn't have to die. She was a Hive witch. They are, none of them, worthy of mercy. But we don't make them suffer.

[WO] They--

[DM] We don't. Make them. Suffer, Wahei. Because we are not them.

[pause]

[DM] Besides the Hive thing, now there's this whole 'seeking insight' quest of yours. Hiring Tango to steal from the Praxics, provoking Drifter for a lark, weird rituals-- you're not doing thanatonaucy again, are you?

[pause]

[WO] No.

[pause]

[DM] But you've thought about it.

[WO] Maybe.

[DM] [sigh] And then there's the fact that you're running around hunting Dredgen [EXPLETIVE DELETED] Bog solo!

[WO] Not solo.

[sound of approaching footsteps]

[u.1] Morgan.

[DM] [pause] Well, [EXPLETIVE DELETED]. As backup goes, that's pretty damn good, Wahei. [beat] Should I be worried around you?

[u.1] Don't know. Should you?

[DM] I don't own a Thorn or anything like that.

[u.1] I know.

[DM] [pause] Right.

[u.1] Relax, Morgan. I keep an eye on anyone these days that's still runnin' in Drifter's Gambit. You're one of the good ones.

[DM] Good. So. Mahal came to me about this House Light Splicer that disappeared during the Vex invasion. Word from Mithrax and his people was that the guy was down here, but may have run into Bog's crew. Splicer might be dead, but his Gauntlet's gone.

[WO] [grumble] Vergift has her hands on a Splicer Gauntlet? That's not good.

[u.1] I may have a lead on where they're holed up. Give me a week or two to make sure.

[DM] Should I gather the rest of the team, Wahei?

[WO] If they can make it, their assistance will be welcome. Bog's crew are not going to go down easily.

[DM] Neither are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment