Featured Post

Introduction & The Hub

Hello and Welcome I'm Jay Winger, otherwise known as Jay 2K Winger, Jay 2K, and other variants. If you're reading this blog, you pro...

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Destiny 2: Lost Sector - The Atrium

Like many Destiny players, I mourn the loss of the Grimoire. While it was not perfect, it was a great way for Bungie to expand on the lore of the setting, and to encourage exploration of the world to find the 'dead Ghosts' that unlocked it. The Lore tabs on pieces of gear in Destiny 2 are good, but with no way to track or re-play the dialogue unlocked by scannables... well, it's just not the same.

So what comes below is a bit of lore I made up about the boss of one of Destiny 2's Lost Sectors, explorable side-dungeons.


Lost Sector: The Atrium

How many times must I fall?

Four-armed once, I failed my Baron. I was docked. Became a dreg. But I was obedient, I licked my wounds, I stole many things for my Baron. Our skiff hung heavy with prizes. Our Kell's ketch fat with treasures. Even as the City That Docks sent their ghouls to steal back what we stole first, I endured. I earned my arms back. Became a vandal again.

Then our Kell was dead. We heard tales of new riches, to bring the SIVA to the new machine-god, to become perfected. My Baron was intrigued, but our brethren in other Houses were wary, so we held back. We saw those tempted by the mad archon turned into abominations of metal and flesh. And when we refused their cursed offerings, they came for us, to make offerings of us instead. My Baron was slain, much of our crew was killed, and so I took our skiff and the rest of our crew and I ran.

The remnants of our House called me coward, but could not dock me again. I had survived. We needed leaders, and so I was allowed on sufferance. I was named Captain. Given command of skiff I already had. Insulted to my face, mocked behind my back. None of my House would follow me, but for my crew. I had saved them from death. So they would follow me anywhere.

Then Dusk came. All Houses to be under one banner. All others to burn but for that of a new House. I wanted to refuse, but my crew was starving. Swallowed pride and knelt to a new Kell. Burned old flag and wore the twilight banner.

Then City falls. New Kell orders me to claim territory. But Red Legion is everywhere. Humans fight for every inch. This is not what I wanted for my crew, to go forth and die for arrogant Kell's pride. I let my skiff burn. Take my crew and hide, beneath a sniper's bolt hole. Dusk burns my skiff, hunts for me.

Fallen thrice over. Outcast. But no longer. This place is mine. Here is where I will stand, or where I will fall for the last time.
--------------
Author's Notes: The viewpoint character here is the boss of the Atrium Lost Sector in Trostland in the E.D.Z., Skexis, Outcast Captain. It was also an excuse for me to explore the tragedy of the Fallen race in Destiny's universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment